Peanut butter and jelly chocolate cups are exactly what you need in times of a major chocolate craving. I think we can all agree that there are certain days when your sweet-tooth craving is insatiable. And sometimes, the only way to get rid of a craving is by giving into it.
Peanut butter and jelly is a combination that takes me back to childhood. It reminds me of sandwiches I used to enjoy as a kid. It was way simpler time full of warmth, security, and carefreeness.
“A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.”
This peanut butter and jelly cup recipe can also be used for mini peanut butter and jelly cups, just be sure to scale down the ingredients in that case. Are there any Reese chocolate fans here? These peanut butter cups are very similar to the store bought chocolate, but even better because they are freshly made in your own kitchen. Good quality peanut butter combined with fruity flavours of jam really gives the homemade dessert an edge over store bought ones!
This no-bake dessert is pretty straight-forward and easy. With a preparation time of 20 minutes and freeze time of 50 minutes, the recipe will be done and ready to be enjoyed in 60 minutes. This dessert is lots of fun to make, so you will surely enjoy it!
Love the recipe? Mention or tag us @thekokosamoa
Serves 10 large cups
- Dark chocolate (150 g) chopped
- Milk chocolate (150 g) chopped
- Coconut oil (5 tsp)
- Peanut butter (100 g)
- Butter (50 g) room temperature
- Raspberry jam or jelly (75g)
- Organic Samoan cacao nibs (2 tbsp)
- Rock salt (2 tbsp)
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt it with coconut oil over a double boiler. Continue stirring until chocolate has melted.
- Line a muffin tray with disposable baking cup liners.
- With a piping bag, pipe approximately 1 tbsp of chocolate into the bottom of each liner. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine peanut butter and room temperature butter. Mix well with a hand mixer until smooth and combined.
- Add 1 tbsp of peanut butter on top of chocolate layer and freeze again for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the same with 1 tsp of jam and return to the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Finally, finish by piping a layer of chocolate. Top with cacao nibs and rock salt.
- Freeze for 20 minutes. Enjoy!
- A natural, creamy peanut butter works best for this recipe. Feel free to swap out peanut butter for other nut butters, such as almond butter.
- We recommend freezing in between each layer so the layers are well formed. For quicker results, add all ingredient layers and freeze for 30 minutes.
- To make this recipe vegan, choose dairy-free chocolates and vegan butter.
Thank you to our friends Couple of Chefz for this delicious recipe. Check them out at @couple_of_chefz on Instagram